- Not have to manually manage windows to get easy 2-pane setups
- Have more control over selecting individual windows
- Not have to contort my hand in weird ways to manage windows
- Be able to open new windows and lay them out effortlessly with the keyboard
- Get a hyper key to open up more key combos without risk of conflict
- Have an easier way to tell which window is selected without reducing multi-taskability
- Give a window focus just by looking at it ;)
- My use of HJKL arrow keys with modifiers is highly non-standard
- Sharing a keyboard with Mac and Windows complicates matters
- Wanting to ensure that everything still works with the onboard keyboard complications matters
# Outstanding Issues
- Line Up and Down Command not working in Sublime
- How to make window focusing work across Desktops
- Can I set up a way to Mission Control from the Keyboard to see what windows exist?
- When splitting a new tab out of Chrome, I want it to stay on the active Display
- Weird shifting when seemingly nothing changes. Appears like it may have something to do with Obsidian
- Was a weird interaction with BTT Window Snapping
- Need a way to control windows that aren’t managed by Yabai
- Why do windows rearrange on rebooting Yabai?
- Can’t easily shift a window left and right currently
- Make notifications not throw it off.
- Make Screenshoting not affect it.
- Screenshotting takes fullscreened window out of fullscreen
- Doing this makes me want to utilize spaces, but then I worry about losing things.
- Sometimes Chrome won’t be controlled by Yabai correctly
- Check out Stack Layouts to see if they help
- How to make items open on my right monitor instead of my left monitor.
# Unexpected Benefits
- Learned about O Launching
- Got a hyper key working
- Hyper Key reduces unnecessary contorting
- Yabai & Better Touch Tool Window Snapping have weird interactions when both enabled
- I had forgotten that I had BetterTouchTool Window snapping. I have since stopped using Better Touch Tool since the primary thing I was using it for was TouchBar config.
- Ended up trying out Amethyst after seeing a Youtube Video on it by Christopher Kapic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqZf_OaYZ_w