Challenges Designing in Healthcare
Written September 17, 2021
- Optimizing for data specificity vs time spent charting
- Knowing where aspects of the chart need structure vs where others should be more flexible
- Attempting to create linearity in an inherently non-linear field
- Creating clean intuitive designs with a information density preferred by clinicians
- Data interoperability between Health System to Health System and also Patient to Health System
- Reforming the cost of healthcare to incentivize better outcomes.