Arc Invites If you’re looking for an invite to Arc, join the Knowledge Worker’s Discord: https://discord.gg/KSeMZhFH
# My Favorite Things about Arc
- More vertical space
- Less Browser Crud
- Beautifully crafted experience
- Runs on Chromium, so extremely low switching cost
- Runs all of your existing Chrome Extensions
- Contexts match how I think and work
- Being able to map user profiles to them is excellent
- Folders to maintain my projects and workspaces is excellent
- Has split-screen, but I find that I prefer opening multiple windows so that I can use my window manager
- Copy and Paste a link with a keyboard shortcut it magical. I do this 20 times a day.
- I use PARA to maintain my projects, resources and archive
- Gives me confidence that I can get back to at a moments notice
- Starting each day with a fresh slate is nice.
- If something was important I will put it in a folder
- Easels are cool, but I don’t have a major work use case for them. I did plan a trip with my wife with them. They are a lot of fun, but I Notion is a better fit for sharing most of the things I would use easels for at work.
- Notes are great for writing a quick note CTRL + N
- This is a great alternative to draft
- I turn Little Arc off as I launch a ton of URLs from Alfred and I don’t want them going into Little Arc, I want them going into which Space I’m in.
# What Keyboard Shortcuts did I customize?
- Blank Window — CMD + N
- I don’t use the options in the New Window dialog so I like that it is faster
- I moved Refresh the page to CMD + Shift + R because it was preventing me from using a keyboard shortcut in some app and I found it annoying. I think it was Figma but I can’t remember
- Previous Space CMD+ALT+Left
- Next Space CMD+ALT+Right
- Reset Tab to Original URL CTRL +
# Other Shortcuts I use
- Add Split — CTRL+SHIFT+=
- Close Tab — CMD+W
- Screenshot to Easel — Hold CMD+Shift and Drag
- Copy Page URL — CMD+SHIFT+C
- Go Back — CMD + [
- Go Forward — CMD + ]
- Jump to Sidebar Item CMD + 1-X
- Toggle Sidebar — CMD + S
# What do I wish it had?
- I wish I could split the active tab to it’s own window with one click
- I wish I could navigate the Sidebar with my keyboard
- Focus folders, expand folders, jump to specific tabs
- I wish I could expose my Arc folders to Alfred so that I don’t need to manage my Bookmarks in Chrome still
- I wish I could bring files into my Arc folders
- Similarly I wish I could bring documents from my reMarkable tablet in there.
- This is where I want to organize my projects
- I wish I could back up my folders as I have a lot of content in there now that I would be very sad if I lost.