My Favorite Gear
- Boox Note Air 2 Plus — My favorite eInk tablet and has replaced traditional pen and paper for me.
- Kindle Oasis — If you’re buying today, buy the Paperwhite instead. My thoughts on Kindle.
- Endgame Gear XM1 — I have a wireless XM2w on order, but this mouse fits me better than all others, and I have tried a ton.
- Fully Jarvis Desk — A little shakey, but ultimately excellent price to performance.
- Herman Miller Embody — Still new to this one, but it’s a major upgrade over the Secret Labs Omega I used before. The Omega was a great chair, but didn’t fit me well. Secret Labs has amazing support, so if the chair fits you well, go for it.
- Drop Alt Signature Series Space Race — Similar to the Studio Neat Mark One above, a bit expensive, but makes me want to type. The stock stabilizers are trash, but after fixing that it’s a great keyboard
- Sony DualSense Wireless Controller — 1000 hertz. Doesn’t fit quite as good in the hand as the DS4, but is of amazing quality.
- iPad Pro 11in — The easiest way to get the benefits of Analog Tools while still having the benefits of Digital Workflow
# Audio / Video
- Hifiman Sundara (For Music)
- Schiit Modi — No frills, but works and sounds great
- Schiit Magni Heresy (AVOID)— Had two break and Schiit’s repair policy is awful
- JDS Labs Atom Amp+ — Sounds as good as the Schiit, but doesn’t break. The case isn’t as nice as the heresy, but after swapping out the knob it is just as nice.
- AirPods Pro (For Focus)
- Sonos One — So easy and great sounding
- Sonos Five — Expensive, but excellent sound
- Sony ZV-E10
- Samson Q2U — Great sounding, but inexpensive microphone.
# Analog Tools
- Baron Fig Confidant — IMHO it takes ink better than the Moleskine
- Studio Neat Mark One — An expensive pen, but feels great in the hand and it makes me want to write more
- Delonghi Magnifica — Expensive, but excellent coffee
- Silk Wallet Case — All in One Case+Wallet for iPhone, but not good for inductive charging
- The Away Front Pocket Backpack — My Incase backpack of 10 years recently separated at the zipper and I needed to buy a new pack and picked up this one. I also tried the Away Everywhere Zip Backpack, but didn’t like that bag nearly as much.
- Tesla Model 3 — I tested all of the other electric cars in 2021 and ended up coming back to the Model 3. As of the time of this writing, Tesla is very far ahead of the other players in electric cars. This will likely change over the next 2-3 years
- Loftie — A great alarm clock that keeps me away from my phone in the morning, and discourages snoozing. Has way more features than I need, but is an excellent alarm clock that is a joy to use.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission. Thank you for supporting the blog.